Monday, December 2, 2013

Higgins-Pre class

In the reading last night Butler displayed an ideology on the male figure as well as gender roles in general for that matter. Cixiou's comes from a more feminist perspective on the debate between which gender is superior, ultimately siding with the female side. Believing that men tend to lose momentum and begin to go backwards in some areas while woman seem to stay at a constant pace of moving forward throughout their lives. First of all I do not believe that and feel that this is stated in her piece last night as more of a fact when there is no concrete evidence that it's true, meaning it should be labeled to be more of her opinion than anything.
 
Also being said frequently throughout the readings, which includes all theorists beliefs is how woman are just overall more complex than men. The actions of the female gender seem to more difficult pin-pointing the origin of why than the men who act more sporadically in their daily lives. Once again, I understand the theorists logic, majority of men probably do act more on impulse than woman but once again I feel like a complete labeling is going on here. Not all men do this, I certainly do not. I try and think of consequences before I make a move on anything, which goes to show that these theorists are providing us with what I feel is a biased opinion.

However, these gender readings showed more biased than I believe neutral theorists should give, they nonetheless were easier to read in general. Which I feel can help generate a more solid debate than the other articles like the social class or race one's. All in all, I still believe the superior gender is still unknown and it should remain that way due to argument sake.



No comments:

Post a Comment