Sunday, October 20, 2013

Disney

In this reading they focused on disney and the influences that it has on society. This topic sparks my interest in ways that people seem to attack disney when we analyze its ways, as they are "shaping our youth negatively" or they have hidden themes in the movies that are not a good influence on a young and impressionable mind." I can remember watching every disney movie as a child and let me tell everyone who says things negatively about disney, my only impressions that i remember were positive, and never results me to have negative viewpoints. I focused only on the funny characters, nice stories, and wonderful theme music that makes me remember it.
I was at disney on Saturday and took into account the reading and how it played in to me analyzing the reading. I found it very interesting about the different types of people and ages that are attracted to disney. Even if it was the children that were so called having the "most fun" the adults could definitely find memories of their own, such as Mickey mouse in the 1960's, and so on. I think disney has created a hook. In the reading he talks about how Disney looks to capitalize on the children while stealing the money from the adults. This means that disney has the whole family instantly involved with the company. This is a amazing marketing plan that disney has used to become so popular.
My grandparents celebrated there 60th anniversary this weekend. They were not attracted to disney to bring up past memories of such cartoon characters.Disney is able to attract the adults throughout the food, accommodations, and entertainment. With hotels like the Grand Floridian, they are more than just a amusement park hotel, they are comparable to nearly every other luxury hotel that Orlando has to offer. They now have attracted nearly every age group of people. They have created a "world" where dreams come true for every generation of people.

This image shows how the adults win with expensive and top quality dining and the kids win by seeing a favorite character join them during the meal. The kids arnt focused on the meal while to adults are and vise versus. 



No comments:

Post a Comment