Sunday, November 3, 2013

ruqayyah ali, Jameson

Firstly, I'm not quite sure I understand Jameson at all. He is definitely the hardest read I've come across so far this term with the exception of Benjamin who I was able to understand after a discussion.

Jameson seems to me to be addressing postmodernism in a negative and more critical light than our past theorists. While the others regard postmodernism as a great leap into the future and a positive change, Jameson is wary of it. He notes that postmodernism is a finality, that because of sameness it presents to humanity, it marks an end that is near and unavoidable.

How and why postmodernism makes this end inevitable is a mystery to me as I'm not nearly as well-versed in this reading as I was hoping to be. I look forward to tomorrow's discussion in order to unpack Jameson and his theory.


No comments:

Post a Comment