Monday, September 16, 2013

AsToldByGinger, Readerly Vs. Writerly

     When thinking of readerly vs. writerly text and relating these to Barthes, I am completely unsure if what I think is what Barthes intended, but here is my stab at it. I think that the readerly texts are the sorts of text that are the classics, the pieces of literature that are read to learn, and not always read as carefully as texts that are read for entertainment. I think Barthes points out that we skim until we get to the pieces of information that genuinely interest us - which is more of the writerly text. I think the writerly texts are where the reader creates their own vision of what is happening within the text or story, such as the Harry Potter series, and continues to build on the creative vision inside of their head. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment